Monday 22 February 2016

Must Try Food in Singapore

It was evening again in Shirdi and when all the pre-booked seats in the bus were taken, we were set to roll at 6pm. That's one of the best things you can get from a good private tour operator - right on dot. Our bus trudged along the countryside of Shirdi and then back to the City of Pearls in a super luxury Volvo-like tourist bus.I'll never forget the day of our journey back home from Shirdi. It was perhaps the saddest day that one can manage to live through when one becomes conscious of the fact that life is not going to be the same again, ever again. Arindya's was not really a justification of a simple love story. Far from it. If it were so then think about his fate of not being a part of a different world, a different history that could have been made, a different life altogether. It was, let's say, a complex outcome of a lost opportunity.

I'll never forget her smile. The smile that had the magical power to course through every molecule of my living being, swarming me up with its warm persuasive power of love; it tapped my soul in a way that stroked my senses into full attention and brought up an answering smile on my normally abstemious face in response to hers. No wonder my heart leapt up in sheer delight. And as we continued to secretly smile at each other and moved about in the general milieu of the devotees milling around us, we reckoned an inescapable gut feeling that Time and the physical distance will make us part now, and at long last we are going to be separated and possibly never see again.


Before long we came round the main temple, a realization came upon us that we are not strangers anymore; we sure had felt an instant - shall we say - heart-connect. We never saw each other before... , and even after all these years I still remember the extraordinary feeling of Love which was so intensely abreast in our hearts.She also perhaps knew that there was no way we could possibly do anything about it, but in some way continue to live our lives without each other.

She is from some place I knew not where, and I from elsewhere she knew not where. What name could I give to a non-existing relationship like this? If Love is the treasure of heart then those few impeccable moments warrants some kind of longevity for Arindya's life to sustain and hers as well. How do I explain to you that today when I think about that fateful day when our eyes locked in deep embrace... ? It often brings silent tears of longing. Only sweet little memories are all that is left there for me now. Her fair face is etched in my mind's eye and her smile in my heart. It's hard to believe that those younger days of great joy have all disappeared and gone. And ever since she's become an inscrutable memory, sweetened by the passage of Time, one from the times past.

No comments:

Post a Comment