Thursday 5 January 2017

I Want To Steal My Friend's Girlfriend

At what age do you stop blaming others for your own choices and behavior? At what age do you start recognizing the intangible, but important gifts you received from your elders? Sure, sometimes those gifts were disguised, were hidden under tissue   The Devotion System Amy North paper in shopping bags filled with everyday necessities like soap and deoderant. As you excitedly pulled out and threw aside the plain white tissue, perhaps you hoped for a brightly wrapped, pretty gift underneath. Maybe you wished there were a frilly blouse, some lipstick, or a new record album (I am dating myself, for sure). Your gifts may even have been disguised as structures or rules you broke or pushed against all the time, and hated.
http://binarymetabot.com/the-devotion-system-review/

I remember the care packages my mother used to send me at college. She was such a practical soul, not often prone to expressing her innermost feelings when she was younger, though she got better and better at it as she aged. My friends got homemade cookies, pretty sweaters, makeup, pocket money, and other goodies in their packages. I got letters with advice and reminders not to abandon my religion, not to be "too wild with boys", sanitary napkins, (not my favorite gift) boxes of tissues, jars of Vicks Vapor Rub for chest colds, and occasionally a small trinket like a belt, or socks. I was often disappointed and sometimes puzzled.

1 comment:


  1. Shogun Method

    The biggest problem that men have with women is that they simply don't think right. I'm not talking about the woman's thinking, I'm talking about the man's. Most men don't have enough confidence in themselves and their masculinity to feel like they can approach a beautiful woman. That's a crying shame, because most women, even hot women, would love to get to know a lot of these guys...if they would just get some confidence in themselves. Let's face it guys, you have to learn how to overcome your confidence problem around women.

    http://asuventurecatalyst.org/the-language-of-lust-review/

    ReplyDelete