Friday 6 January 2017

Showing Her That You Are a Leader

Relationship incongruence is the big activator of conflict - mostly where there is the perception in one partner that they are doing too much or the other partner is not doing enough. It can be maddening to think that both partners  Ted's Woodworking feel they are bearing majority burden - this is particularly true in certain different dynamics. She feels she does too much of the housework, whereas he complains of her expecting him to have the garden manicured every weekend. Both are probably doing a good job, but both are probably underappreciated by the other - so far as they are individually concerned. Such conflict has no winners, but there are generally two losers.

http://thelanguageoflustreviews.com

It's not about the people you know, it's about how much those people know you, my mentor once told me. I had been deluding myself that I knew all the high ranking men and women in my industry, an industry I had worked for over 27 years, 14 of which were at its epicenter in Lagos, one of Africa's largest megacities, with a population estimated at 20million. It was when my mentor said those that the heavy scales fell from my eyes. I was a back-office generalissimo, and no one knew me in the industry I toiled in day and night for 27 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment